Friday, April 13, 2007

Week 4, Day 1


Maeby is a daddy's girl


8:30AM
Well, the good news is she's slightly toe touching this morning as she's eating her breakfast. And I gave her 4 Arnical balls last night, so the swelling is down some too.

The bad hews is, she's still limping and holding up her leg a lot when she's walking. I'm so worried about this, I'm considering calling out sick!

2:30PM
Maeby is putting a little more weight on her leg now, but is still limping a lot. Her walk is definitely no where near the walk she was doing on Saturday (See Week 3, Day 3 video below). I left a message with the vet to see if we should bring her in. Now it's just the waiting game...

11:00PM
Vet called back later in the afternoon and told me to bring her in tomorrow before noon so Maeby can get looked at by her surgeon and possibly get x-rays. However Maeby started walking pretty well by her last walk of the night. There's still a slight limp, but there's DEFINITE improvement.

It seems like maybe it was just a case of "too much too soon" and maybe she pulled a muscle or something. I guess those extra 5 minutes were just too much. People on the OD list mentioned that I should do a "warm up" and "cool down" before longer walks too.

If she's doing even better tomorrow morning, maybe I won't have to take her to the vet at all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what are Arnicle balls and who is Arnicle? -bo