Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I've become my worst nightmare

I've turned into that crazy dog owner, the one who makes vet hospital staff cringe everytime she calls or comes into the office.

OK, maybe it's not so bad. But I keep calling my surgeon's assistant with a million questions. She's extremely quick to call me back, and patient when giving answers. But honestly, sometimes I question her answers. She told me to give a hot compress for the first few days of an injury, and cold compress afterwards. Isn't that completely backwards??

And yesterday, when answering a question, she called me honey.

"Should I stop my glucosamine supplements before surgery?" I asked.

"HONEY, Maeby will be on those supplements for the rest of her life with the condition she's in."

That's not the question I asked! I asked if I should stop those supplements because some may have an adverse affect on the system during surgery. Honey in the context of her answer sounded so... so... PATRONIZING.

Thus, my feeling that she must think I'm THAT crazy dog owner.

So like I said, I've become my worst nightmare.

No comments: